Our Longview Dream Center has been in full operation for 5 years. It has been both challenging and exciting. We dreamed of having a place that would serve our community and make a difference in the lives of those with legitimate needs.
We humbly started LifeSource in 2005 (food assistance) out of the trunk of a car. LifeSource began in LifeBridge Christian Center. The church had a passion to serve the needy and to serve the citizens of Longview.
Our beginning had no strategy. Just simple a desire to help others.
The first six months of feeding families began by driving around our city and distributed food to those in need.
Now fast forward 8 years. In 2013 we purchased our current facility at 803 Gilmer Road. At that time, we were serving about 200 families per month. Our hearts were burning with passion to fight hunger, give away free clothing, and build ramps for the handicapped.
We have experienced exponential growth and amazing success. In the last 5 years our ministry is now serving food to nearly 1,000 families every month. We are also freely giving thousands of clothing items to families in need.
- facilitate the distribution of food to Senior Citizens in Gregg County
- serve as a viable organization in fighting hunger
- have partnered with dozens of organizations in our community
- have hosted a variety of community events
- provide a benevolence program for individual needs
- have provided free educational programs
- provide thousands of free clothing items to our clients
- have united hundreds of volunteers throughout East Texas
But more than all this, we provide hope to the hopeless.
We are friend to the lonely.
We are prayer partners to our clients.
We are committed to make an impact and to make a difference in our city as we endeavor to inspire others to join us to make a better Longview and a better East Texas.
What can you do?
- You can make a donation here on the home page.
- You can become a food assistance partner by giving a regular monthly donation.
- You can report to us any child or family that is suffering from hunger.
- You can make a difference by joining a volunteer team.
We would love to have you to become a part of the DC family.
You can become a volunteer, a financial partner, or even a social media friend.